First blog recipes: The cheese & potato combo. You just can’t beat it. Here are two crowd pleasers, one appetizer & one meal side (by special request!)
Asiago Stuffed Potatoes
Recipe From: Aunt Denise Bullock
Ingredients: 1 bag baby red potatoes, 1 cup mayo (not miracle whip), 8 oz (one wedge) shredded asiago cheese, & 1 tsp. finely mined garlic.
1. Slice each potato in half & then slice a bit off the bottom of each half so the potato will sit on baking pan.
2. Scoop out center of each half so it resembles a deviled egg without the yolk.
Note: I use a small spoon for this or a small mellon-baller . This is the most tedious part!
3. Cook potatoes in cold, salted water until JUST fork tender. When cooked, drain well & pat dry.
4. Place on baking pan hole side up (use foil for easy clean up!)
5. Mix mayo, cheese, & garlic together & fill each potato evenly.
6. Place in 400 degree oven & bake until cheese is bubbly & slightly brown (about 15 minutes)
I PROMISE these will be a hit at any party or get together you attend!!
Recipe From: Aunt Mary Conaway
Ingredients: 2 lbs. frozen ore-ida loose hash browns, 1/2 pint sour cream, 1 can cream of chicken soup, 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese.
1. In a 9×13 pan, put partially thawed hash browns.
2. In a bowl, mix together the sour cream & soup. Spread over potatoes. Sprinkle with cheese.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes covered (uncover for last 5 minutes)
Easy, quick, delish, who doesn’t love these?